SR Happy Diet
I have been thinking about losing weight for 8 years now but I never did much about it. The weight started piling on when I was pregnant 9 years ago.
Diet and exercise always seemed depressing to me. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. There are so many yummy foods around me and the thought of exercise used to scare me.
2 weeks ago, I finally said enough is enough, I was fed up of wearing clothes 2 sizes bigger just to cover my bulging belly. The rest of my body is not much of an issue. I was also fed up of being tired and exhausted all the time and not having much energy.
So I thought, I need to do something that makes me happy and not depressed. So that's when I made up happy diet for my self.
SR Happy Diet
- Drink- Only water, minimum of 1.5 litres a day.
- Carbohydrates- Only 1 form of carb a day. E.g if you have bread at lunch, try to avoid having any other carbs in the evening so no rice, pasta etc.
- Cravings- If you have any cravings then eat what you crave, don't deny yourself, just portion control.
- Exercise- Minimum of 7 minutes everyday, this can be any form of exercise. Try and do more each day.
- Takeaway/Dinners out- If you/family order takeaway or go out for a meal then don't deprive yourself, just portion control or order wisely e.g swap fries to sweet potato fries or salad.
- Enjoy and embrace change.
Results after 2 weeks on SR Happy Diet
The first few days were the hardest, I had so many cravings and wanted to eat everything. The first thing I would eat would be a lion bar or a bag of crisps. Drinking 1.5 litres of water was also a mission for me. Exercise was also hard, even doing the 7 minutes work out.
Day 5, I realised I was having bad snacks as there was no other alternative healthy snacks around me. So I went to Asda and stocked up on wholemeal pitta bread, humous, carrots, rice cakes, low fat yogurt, fruits etc. Snacking on these healthy snacks helped me so much.
Day 8, I finally felt better, I had more energy, I was drinking more then 1.5 litres, I was eating more vegetables and less carbs.
Day 11, I was feeling great, full of energy and life. I was eating my meals before I was hungry, I was enjoying drinking water with the help of Lemon slices and I even started Zumba.
Day 14, I am now 5 pounds lighter. I feel fantastic. I don't feel hungry anymore and exercise is no longer a chore for me.
Take a look at my instagram page @srhappydiet which shows everything I eat along with my progress to date.